Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

I/D#2: Unit O Concept7-8: Deriving the patterns for the 45-45-90 and 30-60-90 special right triangles

INQUIRY ACTIVITY SUMMARY
#1-3 are performed in the video
We cut the first triangle diagonal because it will form a triangle  no like if you cut it straight it will give you a rectangle. We cut the second triangle straight because it will form a triangle and not another shape when cut horizontal or diagonal.

INQUIRY ACTIVITY REFLECTION 

1. Something I never noticed before about special right triangles is that we can get the patterns for special right triangles not by memorization, but by the Pythagorean theorem.
2.Being able to derive these patterns myself aids in my learning because I do not have to cram in another pattern into my brain for it can remember it and if I freeze during the test and can't remember which pattern goes with what triangle I can actually take a couple of seconds and find the patterns by using the simple Pythagorean theorem and not have to fail my test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment